Test your products in China!
SGS has testing facilities in China for cosmetic, personal care, household, and tissue and hygiene products and SGS Stephens can help facilitate the testing of your products at these locations. We will also manage studies placed in China for you and handle the protocol and study document development, communicate with the site, monitor the study, perform the data analysis and write the clinical study report.
About SGS China
The performance testing labs in Shanghai and Guangzhou were established in 2013 and 2017, respectively. Both labs are accredited by CNAS (China National Accreditation Service for Conformity Assessment) and CMA (China Metrology Accreditation).
SGS China offers claim support, safety/toxicology risk, microbiology, physical, chemical and product stability testing on raw materials, ingredients, finished products and packaging.
Cosmetic and personal care products tested include:
- Color cosmetics
- Hair care
- Sun care
- Skin care
- Bath and shower
- Oral care
- Beauty machines
- Shave products
- Anti-perspirants and deodorants
- Pimple patches
Examples of cosmetic and personal care product capabilities include:
- Sensory assessments
- Skin firmness and elasticity
- Wrinkle assessment
- Skin color
- Skin gloss
- Sunscreen efficacy, including water resistance testing
- Skin Surface, under eye bag and pigmentation analysis
- Make-up efficacy
- Safety assessments (HRIPT, sting, comedogenicty and eye irritation)
- Hair care (consumer tests, Half-head test, anti-static, wet and dry comability, curl retention, etc.)
Tissue and hygiene capabilities include:
- Absorbance capacity and speed
- Multiple acquisition, time-leakage, run-off