Facial Melasma & Aging Hands Study
- For participants qualifying with age spots on the hands:
- Must have mild to moderate age spots on both hands (must be visible in photos)
- Must be willing to use only natural/neutral or no nail polish and willing to not dramatically change the appearance of the nails for the duration of the study.
- Must not have any protruding veins or bones on the hands.
- Must not have poor skin or fingernail hygiene and/or unkempt appearance of the hands or fingernails.
- Must not have a health condition or a pre-existing or dormant disease of the fingernails (fungal or bacterial infection; hyperpigmented, bruised or striated nails due to trauma; split or cracking nails, etc).
- Must not apply facial products or treatments on the back of the hands and/or who place, foundation, etc, on the back of the hand prior to applying the product to the face.
- Must not have a pet, or planning to obtain one within 12 weeks, that might produce bites, cuts or scratches on the hands.
- For participants qualifying with facial melasma (Tan discoloration and brown patches):
- Must have mild to moderate hyperpigmentation due to melasma on both sides of the face
- Cannot have had the following procedures/treatments performed:
- A regimen of Thermage or Ultherapy treatments or an equivalent type of high energy treatments, plastic surgery, or ablative laser resurfacing of the face within 12 months
- A noninvasive chemical peel, dermabrasion, microneedling, nonablative laser or fractional laser resurfacing of the face and neck, within 6 months
- All participants:
- Must willing to undergo a urine pregnancy test at the first study visit if of child-bearing potential (not having had a hysterectomy and/or been postmenopausal at least 12 months).
- Cannot have had a history of skin cancer within the past 10 years.
- Cannot currently be participating in another study at SGS Stephens, another research facility or doctor’s office
- Cannot have participated on a study at SGS Stephens, another research facility or doctor’s office involving the face or hands within the past 2 weeks.
- What is Fitzpatrick Skin Type? Determine your Fitzpatrick Skin Type Here!
Fill out the fields below to apply!
Please note: You must be using Safari, Firefox or Chrome to apply.
All information you provide will be kept confidential, you may be contacted by telephone, and your information may be added to a database.
By applying for this study at our Facility in Dallas, Texas, you confirm that you are able and willing to travel to its location.